The Spicy Mango Margarita is a nice and spicy Margarita. We have combined this cocktail with delicious Mexican Ceviche Taco’s! Do you like spicy? Then these are definitely recipes for you!
Spicy Mango Margarita
The Spicy Mango Margarita is a classic Margarita with a twist. You can make this cocktail with fresh mango. In that case you use a blender to make it. For this cocktail I used mango lemonade by Mucho Mango by the brand Arizona. Instead of blending, I shaked the cocktail. Do you want to make a Frozen Mango Margarita? Then freeze your mango a day in advance or add a glass full of crushed ice to your blender. This way your cocktail will have a slushy effect.
• Glass: Margarita glass
• Flavour: Fruity, Spicy
• Preparation: Average
• Strength: Average
• Time: 4 minutes
• Servings: 1 cocktail
• 45 ml Tequila
• 20 ml Triple Sec
• 10 ml lime juice from half a lime
• 30 ml mango juice (Mucho Mango)
• cocktail shaker
- Start by rimming the rim of your Margarita glass with cayenne pepper.
- Use your jigger to add 45 ml Tequila, 20 ml triple sec, 30 ml mango juice and 10 ml of freshly squeezed lime juice to a shaker with ice.
- Shake until the shaker becomes frosty.
- Pour into your Margarita glass without the ice.
- Garnish the glass with a nice slice of mango.
Food pairing tip: This Spicy Margarita tastes great when combined with Ceviche Taco’s
Spice it up with a rim of cayenne pepper
The flavours of this Mango Margarita go very well with the taste of cayenne or cayun. Cayun is a little less spicy. To rim your Margarita glass you need to rub the inside of a lime over the rim of your glass. Then sprinkle cayenne pepper on a plate or cutting board and dip your rim in the powder.
Mexican food pairing tip: Ceviche Taco’s
When you think about a Mexican Margarita, your mind automatically goes to nacho’s. And yes, nacho’s are always a good combination with margarita’s. But what’s really good are Ceviche Taco’s! Ceviche is a Peruvian fish dish based on raw fish. We made it with tuna. Not a fan of raw fish? You can also use baked shrimps or salmon.
PREPARATION Ceviche Taco’s (recipe for 5 taco’s)
- Cut 150 gr raw tuna (sashimi) into small chunks and marinade them in 2 tbl spoons soy sauce and the juice from half a lime. Add ginger slices to taste. Mix together and then let marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Cut half a mango, 12 small tomatoes, 1 red onion, a quarter of a cucumber and 1 red pepper into small cubes and add to the marinaded tuna.
- Mix the ingredients together and then divide over the taco shells. Shortly warm the taco’s in the oven before adding the tuna mixture.
- Serve with wasabi mayonnaise on a nice platter and also serve the Spicy Margarita’s.
Margarita inspirationThere are many variations of the Classic Margarita. Besides the popular Strawberry Margarita, you also have the Blue Margarita and the Watermelon Margarita. Another popular choice is the Pineapple Margarita with a tasty cayun rim! ! Are you looking for more inspiration? Take a look at our other cocktail recipes and food combinations here!